Nokia E71x now available at AT&T for just $100

nokiae71x_frontview

Posted by Matthew Miller

It seems the previous info I received about the Nokia E71x coming to AT&T on 4 May was accurate as Nokia officially announced the availability for today. I personally plan to swing by my local AT&T store to pick one up for myself because I think the E71 is a fantastic device and I want to support Nokia selling devices here in the US with my dollars. If you are eligible you can pick one up for just $100 after rebate, but since I upgraded just about 8 months ago I will probably pay the full price of $300. I think that is still a great price for a device with 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS in such an amazingly compact form factor.

One of the first things I intend to try out is the 3.2 megapixel camera to see how it compares to the one on the unlocked E71 I have that shows purple tint. I also want to compare the Feature Pack 2 update to the existing Feature Pack 1 software on my E71. I think the E71x will be a standout device at the local AT&T stores when people looking for a texting/messaging device see how solid the hardware is and how functional the S60 OS can be. Anyone else plan to visit AT&T for the E71x?

Matthew Miller is an avid mobile device enthusiast who works during the day as a professional naval architect in Seattle. See his full profile and disclosure of his industry affiliations.

Comments