Louder Palm Pre Ringtones

Thanks to By Derek Kessler at precentral.net, he saved me from returning my new Palm Pre.

The reason I would have had to return it and opt for another phone was the very soft ringtones and alarms that come with the pre as defaults.

I had searched since I bought the Palm Pre for a solution - I saw many forum posts complaining about the same problem

Today with a ? I posted on Twitter, one of my followers gave me a tip to visit this forum. Voila I found this excellent article and here it is. The answer to LOUDER RING TONES AND ALARM--Woo Hooo

The Palm Pre does come with some fairly nice ringtones onboard, but there are two completely understandable complaints to register: they're not loud enough, and they're not yours. Well, we at PreCentral are here to fix both of those problems!

Say you actually like the percussive ringtones that came packaged on your Pre, but they're just too quiet and you keep missing calls. Using the MP3 Gain desktop application that cencom14 in our forums found, we were able to ramp up the volume on the default Pre ringtones and deliver them straight to you (download: 4 MB ZIP file). To get them (and other music files) onto your Pre, unzip the files, plug your Pre in via the Micro-USB cable, select USB Drive, and then drag and drop the files into the ringtones folder on the Pre. You can also sync via iTunes (select Media Sync instead of USB Drive) or using the Palm Music Assistant.

Those default ringtones aren't for everybody though, so Palm has smartly made it easy to add your own MP3 ringtones to the Pre. Once you've synced your music onto the Pre, launch Sounds and Ringtones, click on the Ringtone selection box, and then click the +Music button at the bottom left. This will give you and alphabetical list of all the music synced to your Pre, just tap on the one you want and after a bit of processing it will appear in your ringtones list. If you end up not liking a ringtone you've loaded, simply swipe to the left or the right to delete it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.
Anonymous said…
bookmarked!!, I love your blog!

Here is my website ... i pad