Can all looking at this afford a Pre?

A recent Palm forum I looked at on the web had varied answers and brought to mind what might be Palm's strategy to release the Palm Pre on or shortly after May 17th which is my wedding anniversary (hint, hint) Next page for some reactions to that question

As you read some of the Palm forums answers you will find not everyone is going to shell out what might be $300-$400 (Who Knows) - TAX refunds might be Palms strategy

I know we don't know the price of the Pre yet, but to be honest we can pretty much guess the ballpark of where it's gonna be...
I was wondering if there is anyone here (other than me) who won't be able to afford a Pre when it is released?
Luckily I'm out of the UK (where I live) until October, so there won't be any point in getting one until then anyway, but I'm already a massive Pre fan boy. Anyone else?

Tax season is almost over, I wouldn't be surprised if Palm expects people to plunk down some of their tax return to buy the Pre. Personally I will.

We are buying two this very same way

I have been putting some money away since Jan. and I am lucky with the kind of work I do that I can work an extra "shift" and more than make up for affording the Pre... It just that I am saving up for a 50" LCD as well

Haha - got your sights set on the good things in life then! My main problem is that I'm going on a gap year starting the end of June, which will be a sorta massive drain on my finances...
__________________Languishing in the dark ages (or 2008) with a Samsung G600. Which is no Pre...

I can't afford one now. Just got laid off. I guess I need to win one of the giveaways. LOL

i can afford one if its not more then 400 dollars

Tax season is almost over, I wouldn't be surprised if Palm expects people to plunk down some of their tax return to buy the Pre. Personally I will.

Keep in mind these were answers from a Treo Forum, not the general cell crowd !!


Comments