HIGH SPEED MEMORY CARDS FOR CAMERAS


A question by one of Kim Komandos Fan on High Speed Memory Cards
I'm flummoxed by flash memory cards. I've bought some high-speed cards for my camera. However, they don't seem to make a difference. They don't work any faster than slow, off-brand cards. I'd like to measure their write speed. How can I do this? Even a relative measurement would be useful for comparing cards.
SEE FULL POST AND ANSWER AT KIMKOMANDO.COM

Counterfeit cards shouldn't be a problem if you buy through legitimate sources. I doubt that major stores would risk selling counterfeit goods.

Smaller stores could be duped into purchasing counterfeit memory cards. Or, unscrupulous sellers knowingly sell fake cards. For this reason, I recommend that you never buy a memory card on eBay. The risks are just too high.

Comments